Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 30, 2011

day 190: Platform 9 3/4

Yes, my title is a Harry Potter reference. Does this post have anything to do with Harry Potter? Not necessarily. {but I am rather excited about the final movie coming out!!}

I picked that reference because it refers to a platform that isn't there but is there...like my half birthday and our 6 month anniversary.

For those of you who don't know, I was born on March 31. When I was a little girl, I was seriously convinced {don't ask me how because I don't know} that my half birthday was Halloween. I thought that was pretty sweet because I loved to dress up!! No one corrected me, and it wasn't until I was in my early twenties that I realized I actually don't have a half birthday. Six months from March 31 doesn't exist. Why? Because there are not 31 days in September!! {boooo! hisssss!}

source :: chick talk dallas

Fast forward a little bit to my wedding date - New Year's Eve. {yes, I'm that cool} What month is six months after December? June! How many days are in June? ...30... Are you kidding me?! Not only do I not have a half birthday, but now I don't get to celebrate my 6 month anniversary with my husband?! {face palm} Poor planning, Cassie!!

 source :: 123RF

So, today, my husband and I will celebrate our almost 6 month anniversary. If we were a really cute couple, we'd wake up at 11:59 and give each other a quick kiss when the clock changes from 11:59pm on June 30 to 12:00am on July 1. But we're not, and we'll both be sound asleep at that time.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! And you know what, celebrate that half birthday anyway. Because I say you can, and because you can.

    ReplyDelete