Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 8, 2011

day 198: Music @ the Ceremony

{warning: this is a video heavy post!!}

It's a bazillion days later, and I'm getting back to my wedding recaps. {finally} I stopped because I was waiting for some pictures from my photographer. They have not had the best of luck with technology this 2011 year. Their SD cards and external hard drives have gotten corrupted causing them to lose precious memories. =[ Never fear though, I have all that I need! But, I'm not posting {very many} pictures today; I'm posting YouTube videos with our song choices!

We received so many compliments on the songs we chose for our ceremony that I have been busting at the seams to write this post. Why it has taken me so long, I don't know. I think it's worth the wait.

For our musical accompaniment, we had some "young-ins."  They are younger than Mr. GrapeJuice and I but supremely talented.


Our pianist is still in high school. Yes, you read that right. He's in high school!! I knew of him because I taught his younger brother a couple years ago, and he used to attend the school I teach at now. Below is a video of him playing piano and pvc at his high school talent show this year. {dear baby gods, when I have children, please let them be this talented. thanks!}



Our singer is in college now and is a close friend of ours. We met her brother in college and just adore the whole family! They are sweet as pie and so loving. And her voice...it's like butter! Yummy, melting butter. I just can't get enough of it!! I was so happy that she agreed to sing for us on our big day. It meant so much. Here's a sample song of her work. She's currently in Europe and blogging about her adventures. {check it out - here!}



Now that I've shown you the wonders that made our magical day that much more special. I want to share with you the songs that truly made our day unique. I can honestly say that I'm not a fan of Canon D. It's waaaaaay over done. My sister used it at her wedding, and just about every other wedding I've been to has used it too. Therefore, I wanted to be different! We were so "radical" in our music choices that even our pianist was shocked. He loved the choices but was taken aback by them for a Catholic church wedding.

For our processional of the grandparents, parents, bridesmaids, and groomsmen, we had our pianist play "At the Beginning" by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis {from the movie Anastasia}.


My processional song was "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz because that is our song. =]


The lighting of the unity candle song was the chorus of "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars.


The bride and groom recessional song was "All You Need is Love" by The Beatles.




The wedding party recessional song was "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas.



I hope you enjoyed our music as much as we did!! This is something I would never change about my wedding day. It was perfect, and I still love the compliments we got about it! =]

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment